Monday, January 12, 2009

Mom of the Month, Ericka Mitchell


Here's Ericka with Brody and Kenna--they took this picture as a gift for her husband Brett. Her New Year's Resolution is to take a recent family picture!

What do you enjoy most about being a Mom? I love that I understand my children more uniquely than anyone else, except God of course. It is such a joy to watch them learn and grow. I also enjoy seeing my children through the eyes of others and watching grandparents admire the special things about each of my children.

Tell us about your first date with your spouse. For our first date while in college, we got to know eachother over strawberry ice-cream then we went to see the movie "Father of the Bride II". Brett was a wonderfully romantic gentlemen, and from then on, we were a couple. Now married for 9 years, together for 13 years!

If you were to say that your general outlook in life has changed since becoming a parent, how would you describe the difference? I used to be ready to conquer the world - I now view the world as a place from which my children need refuge. My daily prayer is for the health and safety of my children; that they may enjoy their childhood full of love, peace, fun and faith.

If you had to recall the time when your family laughed the hardest and loudest together, what would you have been laughing about? We have laughed uproariously in recalling a time, this past Christmas, when my son ran to me with tears in his eyes saying "sister hit me with Jesus and his friends!" He was talking about a child-size nativity statuette.

If you could smash one thing and one thing only, what would you smash? I would smash, burn, shoot, shred, poison and drop-kick my husband's favorite sweatshirt! It is a 20 year old mint-green relic, that has more holes than threads. He loves it and knows I hate it! I am secretly scheming to have it kidnapped. :)

1 comment:

Shannon Morrison said...

haha! maybe i can track down my burglars and have them make a specialized visit to your house!